On Friday October 10th, I had a call arranged with Carlton Grant (General Manager of Reunion Resort), regarding my open letter posted earlier this month.
Just before the call, I mailed over most of the following points to help the conversation stay on track.
As a result, Carlton asked for a postponement of that call in order to clarify the points with other members of his team.
Hopefully, we can get some great answers back to some important questions.
Due to the fact that it has been over a week since that call was cancelled, I thought it might help to make everyone aware of the questions currently raised about matters affecting owners;
- Are there any private rental owners or property managers on the ABOG?
- Will house guest contact details for house guest privilege cards be used by Reunion for marketing purposes?
- Private Rental owners generally feel ‘unwanted’ and ‘unappreciated’ by the resort management. Assuming that they continue to remain private owners, is that belief correct?
- Is the ‘Resort spend’ by private owner’s guests of value to the resort?
Are the positive posts and links about Reunion amenities on owners’ websites of value?
- Will the management adopt consultation processes with members for major changes that affect membership?
- Will the resort open up membership opportunities (This was badly worded, but should have asked whether Reunion will relax the access rules and processes for private rental home guests).
- Is management planning to further restrict access for private rental guests
- Would you prefer us to leave our memberships
- How will reunion win hearts and minds
- Have condo owners been offered the same enhanced deal as estate home owners
- Have existing reunion program owners been offered the enhanced package
- Which Pools are under the control of Reunion CDD.
- If they are under the control of the CDD, is it also correct, that restrictions can not be placed on these areas by Salamander?
- Could you clarify the following comment on the HOA FAQs for Villas North
- Q: Am I required to pay rent or land use fees for recreational or other commonly used facilities? If so, how much am I obligated to pay annually?
- A: All facilites are available for regular use by owners, their families, guests and invitees, at no additional charge to the owners.
- Does the above FAQ Answer apply to all Condo owners in the Resort?
As of Tuesday 21st, I have not had any answers to these questions, but I am advised by Carlton that he is discussing the various questions posted in my email and comments posted on this Blog in general.
I will update with any further developments.
The Encore Club at Reunion is inching closer to its opening in the Summer of 2015.
Located in the Norther corner of the intersection between the I-4 and 429, the Encore Club is a privately managed ‘Resort within a Resort’.
Take a look at the new promo video
Useful Encore Related Links
Encore Club at Reunion Official Website
JeevesFloridaRentals.com Official Encore Club Rental Home Partner
One keen eyed owner sent this image in to me.
Signs are now springing up at the communal pools with the following reading;
The use of this Pool is exclusively for
the following guests with approved resort cards;
Reunion Resort Members
Official Reunion Resort Villa and Home Rental Guests
Official Reunion Resort Registered House Guests
CLUB WYNDHAM & WorldMark By Wyndham Guests
Reunion Resort Preferred Partner Rental Guests
Almost all of the resort pools are expected to gain the signs, with the exception of pools operated by the CDD (ie Seven Eagles).
It really does look as though the resort is intent on breaking any goodwill that ever existed between private vacation home owners and the resort’s current management.
Owners of pool homes will probably not even notice the new changes, as they and their guests opt to make use of their home’s private luxury pools, but beleaguered condo owners without membership will now have to face up to life of owning a home in the Resort without access to its nearest pool.
My thoughts continue along the lines of “Reunion continues to alienate itself from loyal owners that have supported the Resort through many desperate years!’
Promo Video for the Encore Club at Reunion provided courtesy of Jeeves Florida Rentals.
If anyone has any photograph, or written updates, we’d be glad to include them!
Totalorlando are one of the largest private vacation home listing sites covering Reunion Resort Orlando, and they’ve just published their Reunion Resort Review & Guide.
It looks a simple enough article, but the links through to reviews of all of the resort pools, restaurants, golfing and tennis facilities, along with the water park are some of the most detailed I’ve seen.
We’ve spotted a few improvements and emailed them over to the totalorlando team, but also feel free to contact them with any suggestions through their contact form.
This is another great example of independent businesses doing their best to promote the resort, despite the apparent lack of goodwill that Reunion shows the private owners that have kept the resort in business over the worst years of the recession.
Needless to say, we thoroughly give our backing to totalorlando.com and all of the fabulous independent property managers on Reunion Resort.
They’ve all done a fabulous job of keeping this beautiful resort in business, and they truly do deserve all of the recognition and support that they can get for their loyal efforts!
A new site promoting privately owned Reunion Resort rental homes is up and running.
The site details vacation home deals by month and is dedicated exclusively to all private rental home owners and their property managers.
Listings will eventually be $20 per home, but for the remainder of 2014, homes may be listed FOC.
Find out more at ReunionRentalDeals.com
I got word this morning that Jeeves Vacation Homes are now official partners with the Encore Club at Reunion, offering property management services to their exciting new luxury resort development at Reunion.
Over the coming years, Encore will be developing a ‘Resort within a Resort’ at Reunion, and guests staying in the privately owned homes will have access to the exclusive Encore Club House and Water Park.
Owners of the new homes at Encore will also be able to join the Reunion Resort membership program.
Jeeves have also launched an Encore Club at Reunion Blog to promote their luxury homes and latest news about the resort’s development.